Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Happy New Year!

Caroline is back to school.
Jim is back at work.
Both Sam and Nate are taking naps.
Wow.
You think that would put me in a position to do something productive. But, no. I'm blogging and listening to some Van Morrison. It won't be for long, though - the house looks like a toy bomb exploded inside it. At least dinner is in the crock pot.
Nate is still pretty grumpy. We had to take him to Urgent Care yesterday. Strep and an ear infection. I'm not sure if it's sympathy or the real thing but my throat has really been hurting today, too. Sam says, "I feel fine but Caroline hurt my feelings, Mama. I think I need to go to the doctor, too."
We have been busily trying to put the house back together again after this past week. We had Grampy and Grampa down for Christmas and then we met up with Nina and Pops in the Outer Banks.
It was an amazing week.
Santa (and everyone else) was more than generous and I'm still trying to manage the aftermath.
I think it may be tough to get back in the swing of things.

The Outer Banks were amazing. I know now why it has this sort of cult following. Hopefully my Dad will send some pictures when he gets a chance - but for now, I'll put up some that were on our camera (definitely not as good but you'll get the point).
The weather was gorgeous (mid 60s) and the kids got to spend lots of time at the beach.

We went to the dunes (one of the most amazing things I have seen).

And, of course, there is the the Wonderful Ghillie Dog...

The kids also enjoyed the hammock that was tied under our cottage...

Nate had a little too much party by dinner time on this night...


And back to reality now.
Or is it?
Would you say you lived in reality if you had Iron Man and Black Canary residing under your roof?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home