Merry Christmas!
We had a wonderful, wonderful Christmas.
Santa's helpers with the Walkersville Fire Department came by our house on the fire trucks. It was very cool. This is the only town I have ever seen with blue trucks.


And I know the picture is fuzzy. BUT. Sam got caught in a barstool and couldn't get himself out. I was the helpful mother that extricated him (and didn't ask how he got there). But I had to take a picture first.

We were amazed on Christmas Eve when Sam requested to wear a tie. When he put it on he said, "Now I look like a Delivery Agent!" and then it all made sense. We have the "Operation Elephant Drop" DVD out from the library and he wanted to look like Pablo and Tyrone. I have to say that I'm not complaining - especially when he looks so cute!

Caroline looked quite gorgeous, too!

And everyone just loved spending time with Grampy and Grammy. We were very sad to see them leave.

Today we went to the Monocacy National Battlefield (only a few miles away). Caroline earned her Junior Ranger Badge (her third). Our focus today was geography (North, South and Border states as well as Maryland/Virginia/West Virginia). It was challenging, but ultimately we got the hang of it. We got the packets for the Baltimore/Washington regional badges. It's enough to keep us busy for a while. One is on the Underground Railroad and one is about the 150th anniversary of the Civil War. We also have been investigating the badge from the National Mall. One of the best things about living here is the amount of great things there are to do on any given day.
And now it's time for early bathies and bed. G'night!







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home