Christmas Catch - Up
Umm...yeah...well.
Okay. So I'm slow. I'll admit. I'm still getting used to this whole working at home thing. And I'll be honest - it's harder than working outside the home. I'm beat by the end of the day. But it's good.
So I will post some pictures from Sam's birthday. Like I said, we had eight children that were age six and under over for pasta, cupcakes and flashlight tag. It was good - Sam had a blast. He still plays with his train table just about every chance he gets. I don't see that changing any time soon.

And then came the Christmas Pageant at church.
What could be more fun, you ask? Not much, apparently.
Caroline was so excited to be an angel. But angels, according to her, cannot be photographed doing anything but dancing. So she's dancing (and not taking a dump) in this picture.

And here is Sammy as "Donkey". Pretty much self explanatory.

But what was the best part of the Christmas Pageant?
Other than the whole miracle of the Son of God born to a virgin in a stable with angels, shepherds, kings and talking stable animals?
Well, it had something to do with the animals...
Sam, who was thrilled that he was allowed to be in the Pageant at all, has recently been investigating ways so that he can truly embody the spirit of Donkey. He did a great job and will be remembered for years, I am assured by multiple people. Sam hadn't been up in front of people before and I think he was a little nervous. So every time he saw me pull out my camera, he would run from sitting in front of the manger over to the side of the altar, smile at me and then run back. Initially, I think he was looking for reassurance - but he caught on that people were chuckling at him and decided to do it up. So then he decided to run to me and smile really close to the camera (did Mama have the good sense to turn off the camera at this point? Of course not!). And then he RAN back to the altar and slid across on his belly. This then evolved into licking the altar while pretending he was eating hay ("I AM Donkey, Mama - I HAVE to eat hay."), making sure his tail still worked and spinning in circles while lying on his stomach in the middle of the altar (almost taking out the shepherds).
Good times. Good times.
After the pageant, they announced all the names of the children to recognize them. Well, there were a lot of chuckles after "Sam Watson" was said. To the point where Caroline was sure they were laughing at Sam and not with him. She wanted to take on the whole place for making fun of her little brother (even though she was whispering very loudly to him during the pageant while the angels were busy hovering over the stable to STOP spinning). This made us a little proud - after we talked her down. =-)








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home