Monday, December 05, 2011

December Already?

Seriously?

As slow as this summer went, the past month as flown by. It seems like we haven't been in Frederick very long, but somehow we have been here forever.
Adjustments continue. The boys and I are finding lots of stuff to do during the day. We're actually getting on some sort of schedule, which is something I don't think we've ever had (and I'll admit - I kind of like).
Caroline is enjoying school more. Her homework tonight was about Park Rangers - so it's nice to see that her teacher is able to tailor the program around her interests. She and I just read four chapters of "Little House on Rocky Ridge" tonight before bed and she asked me if we could borrow a horse from the farmer down the street so we could travel in a covered wagon like Rose. CJ continues to amaze me - she can read three books at the same time and keep all the details straight! She is digging historical fiction (maybe the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree?). I'm trying to read as much as I can before I let her read a book - but I can see by the time Sam gets to read, it may be too much to screen all the books that go in and out of their hands...
Behavior is still an issue (with all the kids) but I think as we're getting settled, it is getting easier to manage. I think because our setting changed, the kids thought all our behavior boundaries would change (and that is SO not the case). But they had to find out for themselves.
We don't have our Christmas tree yet. I'm not particularly in the spirit of things this year. I hope that changes very soon (because I still have some shopping to do). =-) Kids are busy rehearsing for the Christmas Pageant at church. Sam decided he no longer wanted to be a donkey in the pageant, but rather a "Christmas Pirate". We'll see how Fr Jim takes that one tomorrow night. I'm trying to get Caroline into a dance class, but it seems like it may be too late for this year. So we'll have to see what we do.
Auntie Melanie came over on Saturday for our Fifth Annual (but second in reality) Baking Day. Remember the last one? Caroline is a little bigger now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home