New Normal
Well, it's Monday morning. Caroline started school today, so it's pretty quiet here with just the boys. Nate is sleeping, so it's very quiet, actually. Sam is busy playing with his trains. He asks me to play with him and we have fun, but then I do something stupid (like making Gordon go to Knapford Station instead of Tidmouth Sheds) and I get banished from our Island of Sodor. Usually my banishment lasts for about five minutes - long enough for me to check to Worcester obituaries (I'm sick like that) and upload some pictures.
The house is slowly coming together. The tough part is that I can't make furniture fit where I think it should go. And it's totally frustrating me.
Take the dining room. The drop light is in the middle of the ceiling. Where it should be, right? WRONG.
Because the main return for the heat / air conditioning goes through one side of the room and the ceiling is lower in that area, the middle of the ceiling is NOT the middle of the room. Which makes our dining room table thoroughly silly when it's in the middle of the room and the light is up at one end of the table. I think I will request a little reconstruction be done at some point. Not now, though. But I am starting to compile my To Do/Wish List. =-)
Caroline got on the bus without incident today. I'm wondering if she is attempting to run her classroom yet. It will be interesting to hear how the day goes. Sometimes she is so not of this world that I worry about how she relates with other children her age.
Here are the kids ready for the bus to come...







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home