Mother's Day
Mother's Day should totally be more than one day a year.
We had a lovely day. We went to Old Sturbridge Village. We ran into some friends from church and one of my old friends from college (okay - so Jim is right - he can't take me anywhere without me knowing someone).
It was nice to just let the kids run around (and get really tired and go to bed early).
I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't ready for bed, too.
That crap-ton of ironing is still staring me in the face. But I've been successful in ignoring it, so far. One more day isn't going to make a difference. =-)
I've been doing a lot of thinking and praying about motherhood recently. I've been pondering about Our Blessed Mother and her "style" of mothering. A lot of it is romanticized, I know. She must have been at her wit's end at times. I'm thinking that Jesus must have been a handful - I don't know how I would react if I lost my kid at the Temple and the water into wine thing would probably freak me out a bit, too. =-) I always imagine her as so calm, serene, gentle and wise. Somehow, in all of this, I also assume that she got out of bed looking put together, had a spotlessly clean house and gourmet dinners for Joseph and Jesus every night (in a kosher kitchen, none-the-less. Even more impressive). And then it hit me. She only (tongue-in-cheek, believe me) had Jesus! I've got no chance of sanity being outnumbered! =-) So I just need to keep on-keepin' on doing the best I can.
Here are some pictures from today:
Here are some shots of our SuperBoys:
Good night!







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home