Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

Yes, we are among the crazy throngs that got up early to watch the wedding this morning.
So, before the crack of dawn, we woke up and dressed in our finest (or our prom dress from 1994) and set up for our tea party to watch the pre-game and the wedding.
We're having fun. Caroline is thoroughly confused as to why there are trees inside the church. She is also a bit mystified by the hats - especially Eugenie and Beatrice's (it does look a bit like something died on their heads). When Sammy saw the boy's choir he said, "There are all my buddies!" He also thought that the cars going to the Abbey were racing. I didn't think that was a bad idea. Puts a nice new twist on things. =-) The kids are also laughing at the accents, "Cheeses Christ? Who is that?"
We don't have much planned for the rest of day - which is good considering we got up about 4am. We declared today a holiday - Caroline gets out of school. We're going to do some "homework" on the wedding later to hand into her teacher. So, other than that - all we have to do is get the house cleaned and the laundry done and finish up some paperwork. No big deal, right?!?!


1 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

That's so cool that you did that! What a nice memory to make. I'd prefer their commentary any day over any news network's same-old same-old. And I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking, "Cheeses Christ, I can't believe she can still fit in a dress from 1994!" :)

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home