Thursday, March 31, 2011

And Rest

8:14pm.
All three kids are down.
A million things to do, but I just sat and rocked my baby boy.
As I sat there smelling Johnson's baby shampoo and feeling Nate snoring rhythmically in my arms, while listening to Scully start his 62nd season with the Dodgers, I couldn't help but think that there weren't many other places I would rather be than right here right now.
It's a nice feeling. =-)
Stuff will get done.
Eventually.

But I know that after I'm done blogging I'll need to pump, finish my paperwork, put in laundry, fold the laundry coming out, make lunches for tomorrow and put on the coffee for the morning.

Soooo....the moment is over - but it was sure nice while it lasted!

All of the sudden, Nate is everywhere. The boy can motor. He is waving Hi and Bye, can give "five", can clap, shakes his head "No" (amazingly enough - almost always in an appropriate context - like when I'm trying to give him his antibiotics) and says "Mama" (but only when he's hungry). He also weighs 20lbs and 1 oz. HOLY SCHNIKES.
This is what I saw when I went into the bathroom today. I love this little man (even if he has constant contrails of drool and snot). It's hard to believe he has only been around seven months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home