A Low Key Saturday
Today was lovely.
It's in the mid-seventies and the smell of lilacs is wafting in the house. There is something not quite worldly about the scent of lilacs. It's so luscious it's almost overwhelming.
We walked down to Friendly's for some ice cream. I have almost 9000 steps in for today and I figure walking up the eighth hill of Worcester counts for something to work off that Fribble.
We took the car in for a 175,000 mile check-up. The Ro-Ro got an excellent report, which is good because we need to get at least another 125,000 miles out of her!
We were also able to drive around for some garage sales this morning. Caroline got herself a new jumper for a quarter and we got some new books for the kids. It was actually the first time I ever made money by going to a garage sale. I found $5 on the street while walking in! We used it for our Fribbles (assisted by the buy-one-get-one-free coupon!).
Our neighbors invited us over for an afternoon drink on their new deck. It was nice to have some time to catch up. It was also nice to have some time to talk to adults! =-)
AND we got to go bunk-bed shopping for the kids. We found some great stuff for a lot less $$$ than we saw it for on-line at a store in Auburn. We have our choices narrowed down to two.
We had some new cabinets installed in the living room that look really good. It almost is inspiring me to put up some crown molding. But I think that can wait until after Trippy arrives. Now we just have to figure out how we can arrange the furniture to maximize the space we have.
Caroline and I had a chance to update our belly pictures. Caroline comes up to me and says, "Wow Mommy, your belly is really, really big," - I think it might be a long summer...







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home