Saturday, December 05, 2009

Back Again

It has been two weeks since the last blog post. We've covered a lot of ground. Playing catch-up is hard, but we'll attempt it.
Well, we're just about recovered from November. Between pink eye(s), ear infections, a school bazaar, a parent-teacher conference, a birthday, work conferences and Thanksgiving, we were on our toes. We didn't have a regular week all month. Not that we have any right to complain, but things seem easier once we have resumed a more normal pattern of life. I hadn't realized how much the kids, especially, rely on routine. Not that they're anything like their mother. =-)

On November 22 we lost our wonderful next door neighbor. We were blessed to be able to know him. He was the true Edinberg Original. We will miss him dearly.

We went to the Ecotarium last week for the first time in a month or so. They had some new exhibits. Sam had fun with the turtles.
And once he learned it was cooler not to throw the balls in the new exhibit across the room, he thought this was pretty neat, too. I think the best part for him was that he could make it work all by himself.

We also got to see wild turkeys (other than the ones we live with) while on the Explorer Train.
Samuel has been oh-so-two-years-old lately. And lest Ria did not believe, we documented one of his more epic tantrums. We have video and everything. We'll consider it ammunition when he's older, I think. =-) Getting back into a routine has benefited him (and our ears) the most.
I am better learning to embrace the chaos that is involved with having two young children. Here we are trying to put together some Christmas presents. All we have left to do is to write and attach the tags. We did have fun - even if it took Jim and me days to pick all of the barley out of the dining room rug.
All of the sudden our little girl isn't such a little girl anymore. It almost broke my heart when I looked at this picture. When did she get so grown up?
But not so grown up that she didn't have her brother in a half-nelson twenty seconds after this picture was taken!
We got to hang out at the Lake with Auntie Dr Chrissy today. Unfortunately, we had to cut it short to try to beat the snow home. Hopefully we'll be able to go up and spend some more time soon.
Since the lake was drained, there was a lot more beach to play on. Caroline had her heart set on swimming (even going to bed in her bathing suit last night so she could be ready to go when she got up in the morning). It was a bit cold for that - but the sand was good for building with.


We have to give the kids credit. I think this was the first time ever that we played on the beach and they didn't need a total new set of clothes. I'd be lying if I told you that, in spite of the temperature, they weren't tempted to go in the water.
Could it be possible that we have a lefty on our hands? One that would be able to pitch middle relief until he was in his mid-forties to provide for his parents in their old age? We can still hope (even though the other seven pictures of him throwing rocks into the lake have him using his right hand).
Give me knuckles, Dada!
Caroline and Auntie Chrissy doing the puzzle book.
We were able to bring our Christmas tree home and get it up. However, everyone is sleeping and I need to be, too. I hope to post those pictures soon.
Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home