Friday, November 20, 2009

OSV

We had a wonderful time today at Old Sturbridge Village with friends from church. My favorite spot was the Bixby House (though I've had this song in my head since visiting the potter), but the kids seem to have liked the visitor center where they can dress up the best. Though, if you ask Caroline, her favorite part was me dropping my cup of hot chocolate onto the ground. It figures. =-)
We hope to land a membership - for any of you that are local - it's very definitely worth the membership. We were there for four hours and didn't even get through half of the museum. A family could easily spend a day a month there and not do even close to everything they have to offer.

CJ and Callie dressing up

Brenda and I had fun letting them wait on us!


I dug right back into my country girl roots and got comfortable doing the milking!

Brenda did her best to try to get Sam into costume to no avail...

And the Carolines did what they do best - giggled a lot and had fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger Charla said...

The pottery maker was my favorite too! We had a membership to Sturbridge and would go after church on Sundays. I don't remember how far the drive was, but it was worth it! I wish Genesee Country Museum had dress-up...the kids would probably enjoy it now. As it is, I think mine are too young for that yet. In a year or two...
:) Thanks for the walk down memory lane!

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home