Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rochester

Well...since it's 12:19 AM, I figured I would (very belatedly) blog about last weekend in Rochester. So please excuse me if this post is less than coherent...it's late!

When she was super-duper grumpy and not getting her way this week, Caroline asked to go live with Nina and Pops. I told her that could definitely be arranged but she would have to go in a box by Fed Ex. She wasn't impressed. But I think that means the kids had fun!
The trip out was looooong, but we made it to Schuyler before stopping and the only traffic we hit was in Syracuse at 11:30 at night. Figures. I HATE driving through Montezuma.
After sleeping most of the way out, the kids were totally stoked when we got there at quarter to one. Luckily Nina and Pops were only too happy to play and let us get some rest. =-)

The kids are still talking about Rhys's guitar. I'm wondering if Jena wants to bring him up for the Wiggles concert in November?!?!

We were able to go to the last Red Wings game. We were sad to see our favorite Red Wing's last at bat and wish him well in all his future endeavors. When Caroline was six months old, she and Matt and I were sitting watching batting practice. Tommy came over and started chatting it up. He then picked up CJ and walked with her around the field, introducing her to the team. I don't think too many kids get to do that! Tommy Watkins is a class act and will be missed, not only by the Red Wings, but by the whole Rochester community.


It was so nice to see a whole bunch (there are so many - that's probably the best way to describe it) of Leahys, too! Caroline is still trying to grasp the family relationships ("Mama - I have TWO Auntie Chrissys?"), but had fun with her cousins. We want to thank CJ's fairy (or "very", if you ask her) Godmother for Gigi - she LOVES it. =-)

We were also able to get to the carousel in Charlotte. AND to Abbott's for custard. YUM.








2 Comments:

Anonymous sleahy said...

Come back soon - we miss you guys!!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we can pry the guitar out of his little fingers: fraggle rock, old school Muppet show and Sesame Street is blasted thru our house to keep the sanity level balanced. You'll be going to the concert with the little ones...rather sit thru a Barney marathon...miss you guys and can't wait for next year's baseball season!

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home