Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Caroline Quote of the Day

Again - my child flabbergasts me with what comes out of her mouth.
So often she says these crazy things in the bathroom, too.
Today I was called urgently to the bathroom by Caroline (who had been in there for a while - so I figured she might need some help).
Instead of asking me to help her with her clothes, she excitedly showed me what was in the toilet and said, "Mama, pooping is so beautiful to me."
At a loss for words, the best I could squeak out was an "Uh-huh."
I'm going to have my hands full.

On an exciting note, Caroline is reading more and more - AND helping Sam with his letters and sounds. It is so cool to see a new world opening up for them both. CJ is able to sound out some of words and read very basic (very short) books (with help). It's too cute to see Sam try to mimic her and sit with books and try to "read", too. She and I just finished reading "Little House in the Big Woods" and started "Little House on the Prairie" tonight. She's a sponge - asking questions and figuring things out. She loves all the details about making maple syrup and butter and cheese. Laura has her mesmerized - I may even be able to talk her into being Laura Ingalls for Halloween (instead of a princess - keep your fingers crossed!!!). Thankfully, it's a series with a lot of books - we've read some of the Rose books and have one in the Caroline series - but I think we'll be on this track for a while. It's so nice to read books where the words don't rhyme!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home