Friday, February 20, 2009

Quiet Time

It's quiet time in the house, which is lovely. Naps have been few and far between lately, so I don't have high expectations - but everyone is calm - so I'll take that instead, if I have to.

Caroline continues to come up with things that crack me up:
-Sam fell down this morning and was whimpering (he was okay). She walked over to him and said in a none-too-sympathetic voice, "Get up, Sam. You're fine."
We're working on the whole empathy thing still.
-Today she had her hand on my bare leg and said, "Mama - your leg feels just like fur!"
Umm...great.

Sam has taken a liking to books, which is awesome. His current favorites are the Backyardigans and One Duck Stuck.
Here they are doing some reading with Dada:

1 Comments:

Blogger Posegates said...

Russ and I laughed all weekend at your Caroline quote to Sam. Russ would just randomly spay "Sam, get up. You're fine." And we'd both giggle. Can you tell we got to go away and have relaxed more than any adult with children should be allowed?

-S

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home