Thursday, February 05, 2009

Caroline-isms

What can I say?
The girl has been ON FIRE recently. I just can't believe the stuff that comes out of her mouth at times. I mean it's bite my tongue, walk to the bathroom, close the door, take out a towel and laugh so hard I almost cry kind of stuff.

1- This weekend I was holding Caroline and she asked to do something. I said that she had to wait a few minutes. My father then spoke to me about something and Caroline, ever-so-gently took my face in her hands and said, "Mama. I told you. You are just going to have to be patient."

2- I was sitting on the floor next to her while she was on the potty. We were reading a book. Suddenly, out of the blue, she pats me on the head and says, "Mama, you're a really good girl. Just like me." And then resumed reading her book.

3- Today she was super tired before dinner and she was on the floor crying about something. I went over to her and asked her what the matter was. She said, in a forlorn voice, "Mama, it's not you. It's me."
Ummmmm...huh? Did I just get dumped by a three year old? Where did she get that from?

Okay - time to clean the house and recover from the day. It's been one of those days where I've felt like I've done nothing but wipe buggers off of little faces and clean the house and NOTHING is any cleaner than it was at six o'clock this morning. Oh, well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home