Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Tuesday NIght

This will have to be short if I'm going to keep up with my New Year's resolution of being in bed at nine thirty. But there's a really interesting show on Frontline tonight. Resolutions are meant to be broken, right?

It's nice to have life calming down after the holidays. I feel like the month of December was a total blur with the ice storm and Christmas. We're just catching our breath, it seems.

The kids didn't nap today, so Caroline was a bear tonight. Just utterly contrarian. She's so sweet when she's well rested. And can be so, well, NOT sweet when she's tired. She's been fixated on trying to figure out who is in her family lately. Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents - she's beginning to make the association that Nina is Mama's Mama and Grampy is Dada's Mama. It's cute - she'll say "Sammy is my brother and Auntie Chrissy is my cousin." Progress is slow. =-) She's also figuring out that people with different last names can be related. Today she said to me "My name is Caroline Watson and your name is Karen Leahy." Like I said - we're still working...

We have lots of great pictures that have been sent to us on our upstairs computer. But I'm not always up there to blog - so hopefully soon I can put some of those up...

Sam is full tilt into walking. He goes seven or eight steps, then looks at you with an impish grin and then TAKES OFF. He's still in his cling-on phase where all he wants is Mommy. I keep trying to remember that he won't always want me around - so I have to enjoy it now. But it can be challenging when I'm trying to make dinner and supervising Caroline making bread while cooking on the stove with Sam either on my hip or hanging on my legs. Just as I'm about to lose it - he flashes his million dollar smile and all is well with the world (for the moment). =-)

Caroline and Sam had fun opening Christmas presents:

Sam and his new tool belt:


Santa brought the kids dinosaur jammies:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe Caroline thinking Dad/Jim/Pops is my father didn't make the blog - ha ha! Luvu, Mom

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home