Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Toys Of Yesteryear

While slogging through my usual assortment of daily reads tonite, I came upon an ABC News page which, on the bottom of the page, had a picture scroll which had a link to some guys vintage toy collection from the 60's, 70's & 80's, specifically robot toys...one of them was a toy that I had growing up from the Micronauts collection, of which I had several...tho they name it funny in the ABC pics, the real name (and color scheme) is Biotron. I also had the Giant Acroyear and remember friends having Microtron. Wow, I really did have a lot of this stuff - and remember a lot of it now that I'm looking at the pics of them again...

While on the nostalgia trip, I decided to look up a few more things, like the 2-foot tall Shogun Warriors (I had the Great Mazinga) and fond memories of the BigTrak, including my dad and his work friends playing with it more that I did! :) Here's a YouTube video of a BigTrak in action:



And here's the original BigTrak commerical with the kid sending an apple to his dad...I did not have the dump attachment, so could only send Stroh's along R2-D2 style.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home