Saturday, January 12, 2008

Naked Bootleg

I learned what a naked bootleg is today. So did Caroline. She's repeated it frequently while watching the Packers/Seattle game. Caroline is a big football fan - she requests to watch the games on Sunday ("I want to watch the football game."). The funniest part is that she actually sits and watches them and seems to enjoy it. She is able to identify first downs, touchdowns and interceptions (she says "Oh, no!"). Though right now, it's a bit more amusing (and challenging) as she didn't have a nap today. Grammy and Grampy came down to have cake for her birthday, so nappies went by the wayside. She won't last until the Paytoilets game tonight (I might not last that long, either - I think we'll be listening to Gil on the radio) - but we'll at least be able to enjoy the NFC game.
We were very excited this morning. We got a real, bona-fide smile out of Sam (the first) and Caroline wanted to hold Sam. This was the first time that she has really chosen to interact with him for an extended (at least in toddler terms) period of time.


Caroline is also becoming quite the photographer. She has taken my camera (unbeknowst to me) and taken some, should I say, interesting pictures in the past few days. Like this:

I was very surprised to find them on the camera and it took me a while to figure out how they got there (though the picture of the tip of her show was a great clue).

One of Caroline's favorite things to play with recently has been the box of scarves and mittens. Last night she emptied it and brought out something for everyone in the kitchen to wear (including Sam). This was the result:

We went out and got a special Backyardigans balloon for Caroline's party today. Once she saw me get out the paper plates and napkins, she made it very clear that she was ready for her party to start (even though it was ten in the morning).

Once the party got going, there was no stopping her. Especially with the ice cream cake. She was a little neater with it than she was with the cupcakes last year. But it's evident that we still have some work to do with the utensils.



There will be more pictures once I can post the ones that Caroline and Sam's Grampy will send. But, one more time - HAPPY SECOND BIRTHDAY, CAROLINE!!! You are very loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home