Wednesday Afternoon...
Jim and Caroline are out trolling the town (remember I mentioned that whole not sleeping thing?) in hopes of at least a short nap, so Sam and I are hanging out at home. There are any one of a million things that we could be doing and yet here we are, at the computer. Laundry, general clean-up, thank you notes, New Years Cards (yeah - we missed the whole Christmas card wagon, so we're hanging on for the next holiday). But me and the boy are chillin'.
Sam is a pretty mellow baby. But he HATES and I mean HATES getting his diaper changed. It sounds like we're pulling out his toenails as soon as we even open the diaper. This, as you can imagine, can pose a challenge at those 3AM feedings when we like to keep the racous in the house to a minimum (remember that whole Caroline not sleeping thing?). Last night we actually got a three hour stretch of sleep from 3A - 6A. I never thought that three hours of sleep could be so refreshing!
This boy cracks me up when he feeds - he gets so excited that he makes piggy snorting noises before he latches. It was so cute that I realized that, if I had to be up at 11, 1, 3 and 6 - there really weren't very many other things I would rather be doing than hanging out with my little Hobbes. We started calling him Hobbes because Samuel seems too formal at times, but mostly because all of his lanugo hair hasn't fallen out yet and he has some on the back of his ears like a little Hobbitt. In doing my reading, I came across some studies that say that lanugo hair is indicitive of prematurity and I chuckled. Sam must be the first 8 lb 10 oz premature baby ever. I have to wonder how big he would have been if he had held on for the 40 week mark (but I'm not too curious - an almost nine pound baby is MORE than big enough for me).
We had a wonderful Christmas yesterday. We definetly had to pace out the opening of presents. Caroline wanted to play with everything that she opened BEFORE going on to the next gift. So Jim and I ended up doing a little "supplemental opening" for her. The biggest hits for Caroline so far are the silicone baking cups with the feet on them (who knew that baking tools could make such great toys?) and the Mr. Potato Head doll. Sam seems to like his new pacifiers. Jim is looking forward to his massage on Friday and I can't wait to dig into the Mayflower book.
Today we're just geting some small stuff done and trhing to get the house at least presentable. If that happens great, but my expectations aren't too high, if you know what I mean. We have two kids under the age of two - does anyone really expect us to have a clean house?!?!
Sam lay there like a slug. It was his only defense.
Opening stockings with Dada and Sam
Playing with the Hess truck and Dada
Sammy welcomes you to the gun show
Sam didn't like his hat from Aunt Melanie nearly as much as Mommy did
Let me make myself clear, Mr Snowman. *I* am in charge.
Mr Potato Head's glasses didn't exactly fit her







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home