Friday
Yeah, it's been awhile.
We've been watching the Ken Burns series on WWII on PBS (we're geeks and at peace with it)and frankly, it's wearing me out. It's so interesting that I haven't been able to go to bed at a reasonable hour. And it's not like I don't know who wins at the end of it. Hopefully I can rest up this weekend to take in the last three nights and not have it totally kick my butt for the rest of next week.
It has been really hot an humid here. Not as bad today - but still so humid that I've had to empty the dehumidifyer a couple of times. When the heat was near ninety on Wednesday, it blew me up like a balloon. Okay - more of a balloon than I already am being seven months pregnant. You know your feet are swollen when you have lines from your socks THREE HOURS after you take them off and you struggle to get your feet into flip flops...but it's better now that the temperature is under 80.
Caroline has a really bad cold. She has a nasty cough, a fever and can blow snot bubbles when she sneezes like no one I've ever seen. She has been sleeping for almost the past three hours - so it's definetly throwing her for a loop. The nice part about her not feeling well (if there is one) is that she's super snuggly. She's been such a big girl that it's nice to have our baby around once in awhile.
We discovered last week that Caroline really digs listening to the Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane. She grooves something fierce when I put them on. It's pretty funny. I'm not sure if this is good or bad - but at this point we're just going to go with it and keep her access supervised. I'm dreading the day when she asks what the lyrics mean, though...We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home