Saturday, February 14, 2015

We Survived.

We survived Jim's week in Switzerland.
Pops came down Thurs-Fri so I could register Nate for school next year without having to take an army with me.  We are grateful for his help.
The kids had a ball watching B26 Marauders and Taylor Swift videos with him.  Seeing Benjamin dance to "Shake it Off" is hysterical.
So, after last week and this week - I'm taking a half hour to just sit and rest, feeling I have earned it.  
 I *still* have people ask me when they find I stay home with my kids, "Wow - what do you do all day?  I would be so bored." 
If they only knew.
It ain't glamorous and it most certainly isn't always fun - but it works for this family right now. 

The Science and Social Studies Fairs are almost upon us.  Both Sam and Caroline have been working hard on their projects.  All Sam needs to do is transpose his findings to the computer, print them out and get everything up on his poster board.  He is enjoying his learning and the more he learns, the more questions he is asking.  He also wants to know more about airplanes than we could ever explain.  It's so good to see him getting into this because school continues to be an ongoing trial for him.
 Caroline has a bit more to do because, while she knows everything about Marie Curie, it has taken her a while to figure out what radioactivity is.  Heck - I still struggle with the whole isotope chucking off neutrons thing...
Never a dull moment here. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home