Our adventures in Florida continue.
We went to Dusty's, a total hole-in-the-wall dive bar with dollar bills stapled to every permeable surface and the feel that the building will fall over if more than a stiff breeze blows through.
I had heard people rave about it, but after seeing it, I had serious doubts.
I was glad it wasn't too upscale, since we wouldn't fit in anywhere "nice" with Nate singing "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts" in the bathroom while taking a dump. Very classy.
Two hours, some 75 cent drafts, lots of old ladies in Packers shirts and the best seafood we have had in years later, I am a believer.
We had more fun at the beach after lunch. Being so close to the eastern edge of Central Time, it gets dark so early here. Even though it's only an hour, it's throwing everything for a loop - especially since depending on where we are in the City, our cell phones pick up the feed from Tallahassee, which is in Eastern time - so the times switch. Totally confusing. So we ended up going on Beach Time. Can't go wrong that way.
 |
| Uncle Patrick said he was going to throw Nate in the Gulf. Caroline decided to protest. They all ended up in the drink. |
 |
| "Okay. I can't go in the ocean...they said nothing about the big puddles..." |
 |
| Requisite family beach picture. I kind of like being the tallest! |
 |
| Karma continues. The kid has swallowed more sand in the past 3 days than anyone rightfully should. |
 |
| S'mores with Uncle Patrick and Chrissy. It was chilly enough that the fire was much appreciated. |
 |
| Everybody in the Tubby!!! |
 |
| This is what happens when Caroline is left alone for 2 minutes with bubble making potential. |
 |
| Benjamin hanging with his new favorite person. |
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home