Wednesday
It's a snowy, grey, dreary Wednesday afternoon.
The kids are in school today, amazingly enough.
Hopefully they can go out and earn a little extra coin this afternoon by shoveling driveways. :)
It's not as grey and dreary as the picture would lead you to believe, though.
Someone changed the setting os on my camera to black & white.
I can't figure out how to change them back.
Benjamin in sleeping. Finally. And it will be time to wake him up to get the kids as soon as he enters deep sleep, I'm sure.
But sitting is a welcome respite after last week.
Jim was in Texas and the kids were wicked out of sorts.
Usually, I do a very good job carving out time that I have just to myself.
I have my morning exercises, Nate goes to school in the afternoon while Benjamin naps and there is a little time after the kids go to bed.
Last week NONE of that happened.
It was rough.
I had one morning when I worked out by myself. Benjamin took NO naps and at 9pm there would be at least one urchin attempting to crawl into my bed.
Stuff got done, but my mood suffered for lack of alone time.
I know it will get better as we get more seasoned and used to Jim traveling more. It's a learning process. I need to protect my time and learn to work more efficiently when I can. But still.
Yikes.
It's Science Fair time!!!
The Science Fair is evil. As in the Fruits of the Devil.
Thankfully for the boys it's optional, but not for Caroline.
She has decided to do a project on Marie Curie and radioactivity.
We told her she can do anything she wants as long as no radioactive waves are involved.
Oy.
Sam has been decidedly anti-school lately.
He has had a lot of trouble paying attention and has got in trouble more than a few times for it.
He also says school is boring and they don't talk about things that are interesting to him.
Ugh.
So we're taking the opportunity of the Social Studies Fair for him to explore WWII and D-Day. We'll see how that goes.
He is fascinated by that stuff. He remembers what armies landed on what beaches and where they were going to and what was in their way.
Hopefully this will re-charge his interest in school.
I think we will excuse Nate from the Science Fair this year. Mama can't handle it!
But here's Benjamin - cute as can be.
He is a sharp dressed boy!







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home