Thursday, July 11, 2013

Since When?

Since when am I so old and stuck in my ways that staying up for the Dodgers game is too late?
Oh, yeah.
Since I decided I liked running and Nate decided he hates sleeping.
He won't sleep.
I mean it.  He won't close his eyes.
That is, until he is so utterly, totally and completely exhausted that he can do nothing but pass out on the floor.
Like this:




This morning Nate woke up and asked, "Mama?  Can we walk to Jefferson Rock?"
Since the time I get to spend with just Nate and Benjamin is limited, I ditched my morning work and we went for it.
Nate climbed up all the hand carved steps by himself. Not an easy feat for 2 year old legs. 

Nate at the top of Jefferson Rock

Not too shabby for a picture taken by a 2 year old!

Nate's spider friend, "Fieder".  He was in a hurry to get back to his Spider Family.  I have to admit, I was intimidated by a spider the size of a nickel!

"Mama!  It's the Fotomac Rivah!"

"I look at my map.  Yup.  He's dead.  And so is him, him and him.  And the horse."  He was looking at a timeline of famous people in Harpers Ferry.  After asking about each one, he would ask, "He dead, right?"


I'm only *somewhat* ashamed to admit we had ice cream for lunch. 

Benjamin was pooped by the time we got back to the car. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home