Lessons
I have learned a lifetime of lessons in the past six and a half years. In no particular order:
-a clean house by 9AM does not ensure a clean house at 9:15AM
-the most efficient method to shorten the toenails of a child that is extremely resistant to clipping is to sit on that child's lap while he is sitting on the toilet. There is nothing like a captive audience.
-if there is something breakable within a 20 foot radius of a toddler, it will be broken.
-placing my children in time-out simultaneously while making them hug and chant "I love my sister/brother" is a most effective way of ensuring more appropriate behavior later in the day.
-having squeaky/creaky doors is almost as good as an alarm system, but is no guarantee that a toddler will not be found rolling across the front lawn naked after a rainstorm.
-kjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjhfyuvsrutfhgkgb. Leaving my computer for even a split second to help one child means that another child will confiscate my computer and start to type.
-a sunscreen with a SPF of 50 may seem like a lot, but is insufficient for the amount melanin contained in my children's skin
-I can get more done during a 30 minute episode of Pingu than I ever thought was possible.
-Sitting down and being comfortable for more than 30 seconds is the best way of inviting additional chaos.
-Naptime is a beautiful thing.
More will be added as time goes on.
I just needed to have a seat for a bit after picking up, getting two loads of laundry done and put away, vacuuming, getting the kids up, dressed and fed and taking care of the trash before 9:15.
Phew.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home