We Made It.
We're here in Walkersville.
I have to say, I never thought I would live in another "ville" after Middleville. And in a lot of ways, Middleville and Walkersville are very, very similar. Walkersville has two more stoplights, a McDonalds and a couple more churches. There are plenty of cows and sheep. The railroad tracks don't have a crossing gate because everyone knows when the trains come. And there are the requisite three old men sitting in chairs on the front porch of the feedstore keeping track of everything and everyone that goes on and by. But it's cute. And now it's home.
Caroline made a wish today that she, Sam and Nate could live here until "we grow up". Guess the move was hard on them, too. It is nice to be all together. We're getting used to functioning as a cohesive unit again. It will take some practice. But we'll figure it out.
We are waiting for our stuff to be delivered, so we've been camping in our house. The only chairs are the toilets - so we eat dinner sitting on the kitchen floor and the kids have spent a lot of time on the can reading. =-) We've spent a bit of time on Skype this weekend.
I think we're all missing people up North.
We like the new house. It isn't perfect, but it's very nice. The kitchen isn't set up intuitively - so finding places for our stuff has been a challenge. There also isn't a lot of closet space downstairs. The kids are loving the new play yard and the sun room that has been acting as the defacto toy area (because we can shut the glass door and keep them contained - Shhhh - don't tell). I'm really enjoying the soaking tub (and so is Caroline - as you'll see later) and having two extra bathrooms.
We went into Frederick City today to explore - it reminds us a lot of Portsmouth, NH - only with Carroll Creek instead of the ocean. It's adorable. We are reminded that we ARE south of the Mason Dixon line. Lots a drawls and y'alls and just a slower pace in general. The weather is more mid-September than early November (but we're not complaining about that).
Leaving Worcester this week, I had flashbacks to my favorite Anne book. Knowing the move was the right thing to do doesn't make it any easier. But I know it will be just fine in the end. It always is. I just have to believe it.
Here are the kids playing in the backyard:







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home