Monday, February 21, 2011

Catch Up

As I've said before, I'm bad at playing catch up. Laundry, blogging, school-work, whatever - don't let me get behind because it's just so hard to get back to where I should be.
We've had a rough go of it the past few weeks. Hopefully now, things are on the mend and we're taking solid steps towards keeping things that way.
Nathanael is going this week to get his tongue-tie evaluated. I'm praying we can come up with some answers in a timely manner. Because after the tongue tie is addressed, it's time to deal with his torticollis.
We're recovered from last week's bout with influenza. So much for getting a flu shot. We were attacked from some rogue, mutated flu virus not included in the immunization. Bleh. Flu is no fun. At least Nate was spared, Thank God. He would have been hospitalized if he got as sick as the rest of us did. At least I'm smiling now thinking back on how utterly romantic it was for Jim and me to be in bed on Valentine's Day weekend, watching The Civil War while passing ice packs and advil back and forth to keep our fevers down.
Grampy and Grampa even risked infection to come down and help us out on Saturday. We would have been relegated to eating all our emergency stash of Chef Boy-R-Dee if they hadn't brought down such good things to eat!
Four weekends ago (WOW - I really am behind), we went to Coco Key. We got a great deal and spent the night up in Fitchburg (exotic and mysterious, I know). It was nice to have a little mini-vacation.
Right before our Flu infestation, Nina and Pops came out and took the kids to a traveling zoo. We pregamed the night before by listening to this. We must be geeks if we're rocking out to Simon and Garfunkel on a Friday night...
Sigh.
Today we went to church (there were two best parts to this. The first was when Sam stood up on the kneeler and yelled "Jesus is the King!" right when we got there. The second best part was when Sam was acting up, so I chose not to go up for Communion. Sam stood up and waved at Father Thirb, who waved back right in the middle of mass). I have to laugh. What else can I do? =-)
I just went in to check on Caroline. She had been reading a book on the Dead Sea Scrolls.
Seriously.
I couldn't make this stuff up.
I know the post is discombobulated, but I'll have at it with the pictures and try to make a better effort to keep up. February has been a notoriously poor blogging month for us. I promise I'm not blogging for a different reason that I was last year. =-)





And YES, they ARE Jeter gloves!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home