Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day!

Our first snow day in a looong time.

I figured I would put these up while I had the chance. Jim is putting the kids in the tub and I'm hearing Sam say, "I don't go peepee in the potty. I stand up to pee in the tubby." Ugh. It's going to be awhile before this kid is potty trained. Not because he can't - but because he chooses not to. Just another instance of Sammy-being-Sammy.

We think we got about two feet of snow. The worst storm we've had in a while, even with the blizzard we had to race from Rochester at Christmas.
I was up at three this morning thinking of everything I could get done with everyone home for the extra day. I had big plans. However, I neglected to think out the fact that the plan had everybody at home. Three children age five and under can limit forward progress with projects at times. =-)
But we did get ourselves and the neighbors shoveled out. We worked on "Thank you" notes. We hoed out Caroline's room. We caught up on laundry. Caroline and I sat and she read a chapter of "Muggie Maggie" to me. I found some lesson plans to go with the book and I think we may start tackling those tomorrow. If you add meals, playing out in the snow, playing with Thomas and just general being - I think it was a pretty full day. =-)


The boys hanging out in the green room...

Here's Caroline with her "snowblower"
Jim had icicles hanging from his eyebrows when he got done shoveling!
We had to put them to work somehow!

And other than the drool that perpetually hangs from his chin, he's pretty cute, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home