Recovery
Ugh.
It's six thirty in the morning and Sam is hopping (read STOMPING with both feet) throughout the downstairs. When asked to tone it down a bit, we get the reply, "But I'm just a kangaroo."
How can I argue with that?
Remember when I said I had gotten through the recent illnesses relatively unscathed?
WRONG.
I had a fight with a Noro-virus yesterday.
I lost.
So now, I'm feeling a little more human - but certainly not 100%. I have to walk the fine line of what foods to eat knowing that my body still is not entirely thrilled with me yet. At least I'm hungry - that's a good sign.
We canceled Caroline's birthday get together with two of her friends today - just in case. No sense in making anyone else sick, right? She took the news okay. The fact that there wasn't crying makes me suspicious as to how she might be feeling, though.
One of the nurses at the pediatrician's said the other day, "Your house must be crazy." And it got me thinking. She has got to see families of kids all day...and we're the ones she calls crazy? Yikes. Yes - I'm sure it would be crazy to someone that doesn't live here. But I just don't notice it anymore. Insanity is our baseline.
Maybe "Controlled Chaos" sounds better.
Insanity is probably a more apt description, though.
Don't you think?!?!







1 Comments:
Sam can sell beer with Conehead at Frontier Field when he is bigger!
Post a Comment
<< Home