Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Night

9:30 already?
Where did the weekend go?
We did get to enjoy the beautiful weather today. We went up to Cascade Park and hiked around a bit. Caroline insisted on climbing on almost every rock we saw, so instead of an hour of hiking, it turned into more like an hour and a half. But it was so nice out we (almost) didn't mind.
This winter has just been so long. And I know it's not over yet.
Sigh.
Here is Caroline doing her Bionic Woman impersonation:
Dada and Sam on the trail:
Here is the Cascade Waterfall. The area took a ton of damage from the Ice Storm in December. I'm sure it will be much more impressive when all the trees are cleared out:
Remember when I told you she had to climb on every rock she saw?
I wasn't kidding.

We got to play some soccer in the backyard. It was more like playing "keep the ball away from the retaining wall so we don't have to chase it down the street," - but it was still fun.

He can't reach the pedals yet, but Sam loves riding Caroline's tricycle.
We had fun playing in the driveway, too.


Oh - and I'm putting this in the "I'm still trying to figure out if I'm a bad mother for doing this" category. Caroline was super curious the other day about giraffes. She wanted to know what sound they make. I didn't have a clue (we later found out that they make no sounds because they don't have vocal cords).
So, when she asked what sounds a walrus made (I didn't have a clue about that one, either) wanting my child to think I was at least somewhat intelligent, I answered "cuckoo ca-choo."
Who knew she would believe me?
I am finding out now that I was wrong about that one, too. It's" goo goo goo joob".
Again, who knew?!?!
I am still learning.
But I don't have the heart to correct her now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home