Finally - a day of rest.
It's nice once in a while, you know.
A rainy, nasty, foggy day that you can't do any work. Even if you want to.
We went to church and then just spent the rest of the day hanging around the house. We watched some old WGI videos. We made dinner. We took naps. All in all, it was just a really nice day.
I think we need it in preparation for the crazier weeks ahead.
Sam continues to be more and more verbal. He has a lot of words now - "Mama, Dada, cat, dog, down, no, please, juice, eat, banana, hot." He is also learning about echos. Where is the best place for a one year old to learn about echos you might ask?
Church.
You know - big building, decent acoustics, relatively quiet, lots of people (who don't happen to be his mother and father) to smile at his mischievous ways.
In a word? PERFECT!
Sigh.
Sam is learning the words to "Old MacDonald." But so far, all he has mastered is the "E-I-E-I-O" part.
To prove he had it mastered, he sang it all through the sermon.
Sigh. Again.
Luckily we sit near the back. And we will continue to. And that's all I have to say about that.
For some reason (probably because we were watching old Bishop Kearney videos today), after dinner I recited part of "The Raven". Caroline was enthralled and asked me to recite it again. Wanting to be sure I was saying things right, I went and got a copy of the poem.
She just sat and listened to it. It was neat. I figure it's probably not too far off from all the Dr Seuss we read with all the rhyming and alliteration. Just a subject matter that's a little bit darker. I think she enjoyed saying "Nevermore," the most, though. Sam even sat and listened for while. But we weren't fast enough with the camera to get photographic evidence. Maybe next time.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home