Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Wednesday...

Yup - this is all I have to do on my day off.
Blog.
Yeah, right.
I figured I was entitled to do something enjoyable after vacuuming, washing the kitchen floor, sorting through old clothes, doing laundry, changing the bed, doing a general pickup and (oh, yeah) taking care of Caroline. I'm fortunate enough that she's taking a really long afternoon nap - so I get to have some "Me time".
I was sorting through the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, which I do every so often to keep up on current events out there and came across some really interesting stuff. We usually try to keep what's on the blog in the "things of little consquence" category, but this was really touching. Katie and her family are pretty amazing. She is higher level than the majority of the people that I worked with at the Fernald Center and the story about her (and by my experiences at Fernald) confirms my belief that everyone (no matter what cognitive level) is capable of love.
On a happier note: there was also a great story about an 89 year old gentleman still playing softball in the senior league at McAvoy Park. He thinks like I do about the game - it's all about having fun!!! He sounds like a really hot ticket.

Caroline update: She has been able to get on her hands and knees a couple of times and crawling appears to be imminent. The first of her teeth poked through yesterday and even though all the books say that "teething doesn't hurt". I think they're full of it and gave in and gave her some Tylenol. She was much better after that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh Virkler said...

I've heard that teething doesn't bother some babies, but "teething doesn't hurt" was come up with by the same doctors/scientists who say children aren't affected by sugar.

Look at her sit up and play! How'd she get so big??? :)

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.....Teething doesn't hurt who???!!!
All those nights sitting in the rocking chair almost all night long ,while Christopher cried and fussed! there wasn't enough tylenol on this earth to get us though that phase!!!!
PS - I visit the blog once or twice a week to watch this beautiful baby girl change!
love ya! auntie Sue & gang

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home