More Baseball
We're not a travel baseball family.
In fact, I dislike just about everything that travel sports represent.
Yet. Here we are.
Nate earned a spot on the 12U tournament team for GVAA this summer. So we're spending 5 weekends at local-ish tournaments cheering him on. It's wonderful - it truly is. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the coaching staff, the kids playing, the parents and how the players have become a team.
And it's unsustainable all Fall, Spring and Summer. I don't see how 2 parent families with more than two children can handle having kids in travel sports. Don't get me started on the dangers of being a single sport athlete as a pre-teen...it's the logistics. The cost, the time, the travel, the incidentals, the schedule, and the world revolving around sport....I just don't think we can pull it off...and I'm not sure we want to.
Nate is a baller. He's good. He hit a home run in the tourney this weekend that put a hole in the outfield screen and I"m not sure has landed yet. He's fast, a good fielder, smart and invested in the game. He was selected as MVP by the other team for 2/4 games this weekend. That he's grown at least 6" in the past year and is strong as an ox doesn't hurt, either. It would be great if he chose to go to public school (virtually) and would be able to play high school baseball. He'd love it. But I'm not sure travel ball is our thing.
That all being said...this kid loves baseball. So we shall see.











0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home