Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Night.

The time change is kicking our butts. Ugh.
The kids are off. We didn't make it to our regular mass this morning and the day just hasn't flowed since then (What IS flowing is the water down our street - almost five inches of rain and more on the way? If April showers bring Mayflowers, what do March Nor'easters bring?).
We did have a lovely dinner of broccoli, smashed potatoes, homemade corn bread and "PETA hates us" meatloaf (veal, lamb and turkey). It was sooooo good. I'm looking forward to leftovers for lunch and dinner tomorrow. One of the best parts of living in Tatnuck is our Meat Market. Thank you, Harvey!

Jim and I will be prepping for the Tolleson Draft as soon as Sam quiets down. Hard to believe it will be our twelfth draft this year.

Caroline has been coming up with some pretty funny and off the wall things lately. She is really reading, which she (and we) find really exciting.
Today she came up to me and cradled my face gently in her hands. I was expecting a kiss or a hug or, at the very least, an "I love you." Instead I got a very, very earnest "Now remember Mommy, fairies NEVER, EVER wear underwear."
Ummmm, okay.
How am I supposed to respond to that?!?!
Well, besides to make sure that she actually is wearing underwear, I had no response. She has been known to go commando. Especially when wearing dresses. So we never can be too careful.

Sammy has been wonderfully Sammy lately. All boy. All over the place. And he doesn't stop talking. I love it.
He is very into Thomas the Train. In fact, right now he's talking to Duncan the Train and Percy. I'm not quite sure what the conversation is about, but it's keeping him busy.
He got a black eye today from his sister who decided to hit him in the face with a drumstick. Good Times. He's learning to stand his ground. The two of them get along well most of the time, but they do have their moments. The other day they were tussling over something and instead of intervening, I figured I would just watch to see how things played out. There were some raised voices and a little shoving. Caroline (as usual) was the instigator. After she gave Sam a good shove (and as I was about to spring into action), Sam just looked at her and guffawed. For no particular reason. And both dissolved into giggles and they went on playing.
This Mommy thing is a continuous learning experience, I tell you.

Caroline is convinced there is a baby in her belly, too. She is also convinced that Trippy is a girl. SO HELP UP IF SHE'S NOT!!! She wanted to do "belly pictures" of her baby and my baby today. It's not the most flattering picture (HEY - I'm pregnant - I'm allowed to be a little vain. It's all I have - it's tough to walk 10,000 steps per day and still put on ten pounds when Trippy only weighs six ounces). But here's what we got:
Caroline took this beauty of Jim and me. I threatened to put it on Facebook, but since I'm such a good wifey, I'll just put it here. =-)
Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home