Giving Thanks...
As I was "giving hug" to Caroline an hour after we put her to bed (a tactic of hers to avoid sleeping), she started talking - unprompted - about what she was thankful for this weekend:
"I thank for the softball game at night [she was talking about watching the BoSox game Friday nite on TV, see Karen's post below]. I thank Papa for showing me the circus ostrich with the bea-u-ti-ful neck [one of the animals on the carousel]. I thank Nina for the white ice cream and ALL the CHOCOLATE sprinkles... I thank Dada for riding the Piggie [yet another carousel animal]."
After that, I put her back in bed...then she told me:
"The ponies eat APPLES...the giraffes eat oranges," as she nodded her head in the affirmative, "and ostriches eat PANCAKES," again nodding her head 'yes'.
And, if you can believe it, while looking for the name of the park we went to, I found this on Youtube - you really can find just about anything in the internet these days! This is the carousel with the ponies, piggies, ostriches and the rest of the circus animals:
Labels: baseball, Caroline, carousel, day trips, fantasy, Samuel, video, YouTube







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home