Monday, August 06, 2007

Got Humans?

As I sit here blogging, I am on hold with Verizon about our telephone that they promised to fix by Monday, July 30th at 6pm. Glad to know you can really count on them, huh? But, for the first time (I think ever), I am grateful for something that I saw on the usually useless evening news. A while back, CBS did a feature on a website that shows you ways that you can thwart the non-human/answering machines that you get when calling most companies and actually speak to a human. I am very happy to say that the cheat for Verizon is working fine. Actually, "fine" in the way that I've been on hold approximately 13 minutes and 46 seconds waiting to speak to someone - but at least I'm listening to music and not the stupid computer saying "I"m sorry, I didn't understand you" when I say "Let me talk to a person".
Jim was nice enough to put a link to the site on the side header of our blog. Please use it and enjoy talking to something with a heartbeat.

I know we've been short on the pics lately (hopefully Grampy will send some from this weekend and I can post them)...but here is Caroline reading her book about "bebes" (insert french accent):

And here she is utterly mesmerized by the hand fan that lights up...it doesn't take much, I tell you, to keep her entertained...

<

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

PS - I ended up being on hold for 45 minutes with Verizon. But I DID get to talk to a lot of people. So far the only problem with the "cheats" is that I was connected to a call center in Arizona. Oh, well. When I finally talked to someone in Mass - they gave me the local "cheat" number - so I guess it was worth it - even with all that time on hold.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home