Monday, May 28, 2007

This Weekend in Pawtucket

We got to see Matt in Pawtucket on Saturday and Sunday nights. The games were good - Syracuse won both. It was so nice to see Matty. The ushers were gracious enough to let us into the bullpen section so we could see him before the game, even though our tickets were in the grandstand. I thought it was funny that the main usher at the bullpen asked me a couple "questions" to make sure I wasn't a stalker. Here's an example of how effective ballpark security is...

Usher: Who are you here to see?
Me: Matt Leahy - he's the bullpen catcher.
Usher: How do you know him?
Me: He's my baby brother.
Usher: Okay - go ahead - just don't eat any of the food out there.
Me: Thanks.

I paid him off after the game with one of the cookies that I made for Matt (peanut butter with chocolate chips - pretty good, if I do say so myself). He seemed appreciative and let us right out to the pen area on Sunday. =-)

Another bonus of being able to hang out by the pen before the game was that it's all gravel out there. And Caroline LOVES playing in gravel. It kept her entertained for almost an hour - both nights! She was filthy-dirty by the time the games started, but who cares?!?! She was so covered with ketchup by the end of the night that we barely noticed the dirt, anyways.

We stopped her just before she tried to eat the stone.


Instant entertainment - just add rocks.


This was the best picture we got of Matt all weekend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home