Friday Night
Today was a wet, nasty day. But not nearly as bad as it could have been, thankfully.
I had jury duty yesterday. I ended up being released about 1pm without being called into a courtroom. Not that I minded...but I was really dismayed at the state or the Worcester County Courthouse. Some parts of it were just downright gross. The ceiling tiles in the jury waiting area were stained brown with smoke and water and goodness knows what else and looked ready to fall on our heads as we sat patiently waiting. They were using snowfencing material to act as a barrier on the stair railings (Being from upstate NY I have seen a lot of snowfences. But I've never seen it used like that). And I won't even talk about the bathrooms. Yuck.
Not that it was all bad. For the first time in over thirteen months I actually got to sit and read a book that wasn't on baby stuff. I need to do that more often.
I almost wish I had gotten called into a courtroom. Chalk it up to me watching too many old episodes of Law & Order - but I kind of wanted to see what it was like in there.
Maybe next time.
I know there haven't been any Caroline pics in a while. My father called me on that eariler today saying "You know, I'm sitting here watching the same video I've been watching for the past six days..." I guess the guilt thing works - here are some new pictures. Her vocabulary is ever expanding and now includes "appa-jus" when she wants us to get her a drink. She has been harassing Junior more and more - but he just seems to go with it. She actually sat on him today. He didn't do anymore than look up at her and purr louder. Oh, well. He may not be the brightest cat ever - but we're glad he's ours.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home