Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to my father! As an early present (you'll get the better one later today)...here is a new picture of Caroline. I heard you were sick and tired of looking at my nasty finger! =-)
How about those Twins?!?! Jason Kubel (who we've had a picture of posted on our fridge for as long as I can remember) is coming through in a big way for the team. As much as I like (okay, LOVE) the Red Sox, I can't help becoming more and more of a Twins fan. I think Bat-Girl (and the fact she's moving out to Amhest) is a factor. Following the Red Wings helps, as most of the guys currently up with the Big Club have had at least one stop in Rochester. But I think it's mainly their fans. They're just so darned nice. When we were at Fenway for one of the Twinkies games last year we could barely stand all the obnoxious, drunk, cocky Red Sox fans. It's only gotten worse since winning the World Series. Maybe finishing below Toronto in the division for a couple years in a row will humble them. Who knows. But people from Minnesota would come right up to us and start talking to us (we all were wearing Justin Morneau shirts, which helped, I'm sure). Plus, instead of the Monster, they have a "Hefty Bag" for an outfield fence. I respect the fact that they call it as they see it...
Oh and don't forget to cast your votes for the All-Star game (you're allowed to vote up to 25 times). Charlene - you're only allowed to vote if you vote for people that I like =-) ! We need Joe Mauer there!
Okay - the post will be shortened because my father just called and needs his "Caroline fix"...







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home