Thursday, May 11, 2006

All Zulu Hope Is Lost - Godzilla To Miss First Game, Like Ever

Listening to the Yankees radio broadcast (we simply like Sterling a lot, it's that simple), Hideki Matsui broke his wrist. He'll be out for several weeks since they're going to do surgery tomorrow on it. Tomorrow's game will literally be the first one that he's missed in the majors... to quote wikipedia:

Matsui has not missed a game in his first three seasons with the Yankees, putting together a streak of 518 games played. Before that, he played in 1,573 consecutive games with [the] Yomiuri [Giants].

We're toast.

3 Comments:

Blogger JWatson said...

Somebody to look at:

http://kquire.blogspot.com/

10:28 PM  
Blogger Josh Virkler said...

Sooooo sad! I think Japan is all in a state of mourning today. I know I am!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Our Roto Team (also known as "The Greg Zaun Zulu Warriors" or "Zulu Nation" has officially declared this season a wash.
Never before in the history of the Zulus has a team sucked so much, had so many injuries, or been filled with so many players that really belong in AAA and have their spots in the rotation skipped (Yes - I am talking about YOU, Scott Baker). Especially after spending so much time preparing for the draft.
We really hoped for better.
Sheesh.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home