Friday, March 24, 2006

More on the Gates Color Guard...




This from today's Rochester Democrat & Chronicle. After the HUGE win in the Syracuse Regioinal, they still look really good going into Dayton. First is an awful hard position to be in going to championships - but they seem to be handling it just fine. At this rate, scoring over 90 in their most recent show (and I remember days when a score over 60 would be means for a celebration) looks like they'll get bumped up to Open Class next year. I am so proud to have been affiliated (a really long time ago, but affiliated none the less) with such a great and classy organization that has always put the needs of the performers first.

You can check out their website (that had been out of commission for years). Let's hope they update the member and staff bios before leaving for Dayton.

Good luck to all the girls and to Mr Hoppe!

PS - here is a link to the Blessed Sacrament Color Guard that I marched in before I aged out. They too, look good going into Dayton, being ranked fifth in Independent World Class. Unfortunately, due to limited practice space, funding, and so on - there is no World Class Guard for St Ann's in Neponset (another guard I once was in). Boy - could those girls spin. They are sorely missed not only in Eastern Mass, but in WGI.
I wish everyone the best in championships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home