P-47 Thunderbolt
This brief blog post is brought to you by the P-47 Thunderbolt documentary from The History Channel that someone was kind enough to put on Youtube.com.
It does seem as if the only time I get to sit to blog is if the kids are watching something, but the boys have built Thunderbolts and Me 109s out of Legos and are sitting in front of the computer watching intently. More importantly, they're not beating the tar out of one another, which has been a recurring theme recently.
I am grateful.
The Youngers and I went strawberry picking on Monday morning.
We got 10 pounds worth in about 40 minutes, not counting the 10 pounds worth that the boys ate.
Out of the whole stash, we have *none* left and plan to go back later this week. :)
I don't know what kind of crack they sprinkled on the fields, but I'll take it.
The taste is heavenly.
Here are the scheisters with our stash. Good thing they didn't weigh the boys before and after we picked or else we would have been charged a lot more.
I didn't think they would take my words so literally. But I was impressed that the cherry tree could support the weight of all 4 kids. :)
Caroline is doing a school project on Jacqueline Cochran, the founder of the Women's AirForce Service Pilots during WWII. We were able to scrape together a WASP costume for her using hand-me-down suits and other supplements from her brother's wardrobe. She is wearing her WASP pin given to her on the anniversary of VE Day. She is so proud to carry this part of history with her.
We are proud that she thoughtful enough to begin to appreciate the importance of the the service of the women that have come before her.
Off to dinner, bathies and bed.
Not that I dislike having Tball over, but I'm grateful for the extra downtime.
Amen.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home