End of Summer Fun
Summer vacation is (too) rapidly coming to a close.
I know the kids will do great in school and we'll be amazed at what they're learning and how they're developing as humans...but for right now...I just don't want summer to end.
The kids have learned and changed and grown so much this summer.
Not only are their pants an inch above their ankles now, even faces are different. Caroline has thinned out and her adult teeth have grown in completely. Sammy's hair has become a little darker and less hedgehoggy. Nate has shot up in height and really thinned out - he is so much more a little boy and so much less a toddler. Benjamin's hair is blonder and crazier curly by the minute! He is starting to stand unsupported, but still has minimal interest in walking - crawling is much more efficient.
Along with the physical changes, they have developed their thinking skills. Yesterday Caroline and I were talking about Stonewall Jackson when I asked her how he died. "He was shot by troops from North Carolina," Caroline replied. I asked her if that struck her as odd. She said, "No. North Carolina is in the Nort - no WAIT! (glancing at a map) He got shot by Confederates?! THAT'S a bat in the rear!" She is putting pieces together and finding correlations and beginning to think critically and it's so cool to see. Sam just read me an 18 page book with a minimal amount of assist - he is doing much better as sounding words out and not just saying what he thinks should be on the page. Nate knows all his letters and is starting to write his name and draw pictures of himself. Benjamin began today with unsolicited signing to try to get his point across in a conversation ("more" and "thank you").
I feel like I can barely keep up!
In a good way, though.
Today we went into Frederick City with our MOMS Club and made some pretzels.
Fun was had by all and they tasted good (especially when we ate them later at the beach).
After lunch, we headed to Greenbrier State Park for some swimming band beach time.
It was only about 75, a bit chilly, but we all had a good time. :)
What a bunch of turkeys...







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home