Monday, February 25, 2008

To Answer Your Question...

To answer a question we got from Steve, according to the Arizona Winter League Program, #14 for the Canada Miners is Adam Young (but I am not able to find any statistics on him in the league database).

Listening to the broadcasts, the roster sheets haven't been entirely accurate. I think the players sometimes have have switched jerseys or have unlisted numbers...It's amazing how the announcer can keep up with them. I don't think I could. I have enough trouble just keeping up with two players on two different teams!
But I hope this helps...Please let us know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the info, I think you are probably right. I can't say conclusively, but enough of it checks out to pencil him in as the PH (and utility fielder) in question.

For what it's worth, Adam Young is batting .150 (3 for 20) on the winter, with 1 RBI, 5 BB, 7 SO, and 1 SB.

AWL Trivia: You may know that Darryl Brinkley (also of the Miner's) is the oldest player on a roster this season at the age of 39, but did you know that Young is the shortest player? He's listed at 5' 2" (though I think the listed weight of 215 lbs. is incorrect. I'd be shocked if he weighed more than 155).

Okay, I think I have sufficiently geeked out about Winter ball for today. Thanks again for the help.

Steve

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home